Thursday 21 September 2017

Belgian M47 Final Weathering

Today I've been chucking pigments around the bench finishing off the M47. I started with a thinned mix of tamiya buff which was sprayed on the lower hull and then drifted up slightly onto the rest of the model. I then added pigments & pigment fixer and repeated the pigment application. The wheels received the same treatment but the tracks only needed a swipe with pigments then I rubbed off the excess to show the rubber contact faces of the track pads.

Next a mix was made up for oil & grease and this was added to the wheels and hull, this helps to show grease buildup and the effect of dust and mud soaking up that grease. once all done the tracks and wheels were fitted and here they all went on very easily. I then added small amounts of pigment to the upper hull and turret but concentrated my efforts to areas dust would naturally accumulate. I'm very happy with the final look of the model, on the base it looks just right so I can now finish off by fixing the model, figure and a few bits & pieces to this.














No comments:

Post a Comment