Wednesday 16 March 2016

Sherman Detail Painting

More work on the Sherman now and I've been getting stuck into the detail painting. Just the fuel cans and bucket to finish off before a coat of gloss varnish ready for the decals and chipping later on. 





It's nice to get this far so quickly for a change and I'm really enjoying this build.
It's also another milestone here on the blog with 600 posts in the eight years since I started blogging my modelling journey, and I'm glad to say I still enjoy the process of sharing with you all.  

4 comments:

  1. Keep up the great work! I am looking forward to the final build.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pete! Are you going to use the kit tracks? I'm working on the M51 (same lovely standard as the Easy Eight) and decided to try a set of AFV Club T80-tracks on it. Finally getting the knack of it but it's tedious to say the least :-), still only halfway through the left side... ! And I'm not sure if the improvement matches the amount of work invested... Interesting to try though!

    Love following your builds, just keep'em coming!

    Regards

    Magnus

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers guys, Magnus yes I'm using the kit tracks. They seem perfectly adequate for the job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And the more work I put into my set of AFV Club tracks, the closer I get to the same conclusion as you :-) ! Well, almost there and it has been an interesting experience...

    Regards

    Magnus

    ReplyDelete