Saturday 22 November 2014

FT-17 Speed of light progress!

Well that didn't take long! Just finished up the construction of the tank. I'm very impressed with this kit its relatively easy to build and is packed with detail. 







The dio base has also been built up and very nice it looks too. I particularly like the elevated position of the tank which gives you a great view of all those superb details. I will enhance the base slightly and add some texture to the mud. Some posts, barbed wire and a figure ( on the way from the states) should work nicely. Having the base included in the kit is a great idea and reminds me of all those matchbox kits I built as a lad.






4 comments:

  1. Very wonderful kit and a very nice build. Well done Pete. I stay tuned to see the painting and weathering processes. A kit thant I would like to add to my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alain it is a really great kit and I'm really looking forwards to painting it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you plan to leave the tracks on the kit for the painting ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Alain the tracks will be off for painting. It's quite easy to slip them on and off.

    ReplyDelete