Monday 9 September 2013

Mucky Mutt

I have now given the model a matt varnish and painted/added most of the shiny bits. I punched out some discs for the optics of the TOW launcher from some old 35mm negatives. After a light spray with tamiya buff & earth it's onto the pigments. I have started to build up layers using pigment fixer. A couple more layers should do it then I can work on the upper surfaces and interior.





I must say a big thank you to Lee at Field of Glory models for offering me the figure I was after.He had an order come in but the figure was broken at the boots. However as I need to convert the figure it's not a problem. So for a bargain price I should be able to get that element of the build sorted too. I always feel adding a figure to a base really makes a big difference to the overall effect and also adds more interest.


2 comments: