Sunday 12 August 2012

Back In The Mood To Model

After a couple of months with no entries to the blog I am now feeling in the mood to model again. After returning from holiday I felt very much under the weather and had no enthusiasm to do any modelling, so I have been getting on with some essential jobs around the old homestead as well as getting back into the swing of work again! 4 weeks off and it was a shock to the system to be back on 12 hour shifts I can tell you!

Anyway today saw me potter off to the annual IPMS Avon show at Yate near Bristol. This is the first model show I have attended since probably March this year. It was a superb show, plenty of excellent models on display and plenty of mouth watering models to purchase from the various traders. Two kits grabbed my attention and my wallet, a hobbyboss 1/48th P-47D and Sd.Kfz 254 in 1/35th scale.

So to ease myself gently into things I think I will build the Thunderbolt first as it is a very simple kit to build with a low parts count and nothing too complicated to assemble.


No comments:

Post a Comment