Wednesday 29 June 2011

Hobbyboss Defender XD Wolf WMIK

Next on the bench is the hobbyboss WMIK, a superb kit with some fantastic detail.



As you can see I have the legend stowage set as well and will use some elements from this as well as Accurate Armour items on the build. The plan is to build an early version fitted with Clansman radios and set on Salisbury plain or Iraq. Just can't decide yet! Some corrections are needed particularly the TUAAM boxes and bases on the wings for an accurate clansman fit.

It's been quite a while since I built any modern British armour so I am looking forwards to seeing how the kit goes. First steps are building the engine and this is a very nice item. Extras have been added including a new extra alternator which is fitted to vehicles which are fitted for radio (FFR) made from the kit sprue. Not 100% but will pass inspection.









I think the hardest part of the build will be trying to find decent pictures of the actual radios in situ on the vehicle, seems like the holy grail of WMIK at the moment as I have found very little to help me build them. Oh well that's the joys of modelling!

1 comment: