Wednesday 22 June 2011

Dodgy Decals

What is it with me and decals? I seem to have nothing but trouble with them lately. The decals in the kit are decidedly dodgy in that they are extremely brittle. I managed to knacker two of the flags before resorting to dipping the decals in klear before applying. However the rest went on fine in the end. I think next time I would spray the white pin stripe around the hull and mask much easier than adding the decals.





The base was sprayed gloss back allowed to dry then cut back and then polished. The plaque was sprayed with the base colour then sanded back with a fine sanding stick so that the colour stayed in the lettering then polished and attached with double sided tape.



I have also painted up a few tamiya figures to add to the model.

No comments:

Post a Comment