Monday 19 January 2015

FT-17 Progress, Workbench Improvements & Another Trip to Hospital

Work has been slow on the FT but I've now started adding pigments after giving the model a coat of matt varnish. The base has also had all the wood and sandbags painted and will receive the same pigments as the tank. 




I've also had a bit of a sort out on the bench thanks to some great new items from Hobby Zone products from Poland. They produce a really handy modular storage solution which can be adapted to your specific needs. The prices are extremely reasonable and delivery is again very good value and very quick. Taking three days from ordering to delivery. Many British companies can't do that! 





   
I decided on a bottle holder, tool holder and two different draw sections, they come flat packed and only require the use of wood glue to assemble. They also have some really strong magnets which you can use to lock the units to each other. Assembly was very straight forward and easy. It's really tidied up the bench and given me loads of extra storage for all those little bits and pieces. Check out their web site here, HobbyZone 

Well worth investing in if like me you never have enough storage! Very impressed with them as I think they are a real quality product and great value for money.

Lastly I had another heart attack on the 11th, this one about 15 months after the last one. To say I am in a state of shock is an understatement. It seems that one of my arteries (which was slightly furred up last time) had not cleared which is what they hoped would happen with the medication. I just can't believe it as I have made some serious lifestyle changes and my cholesterol is 4.4 which I'm told is damn good. Did I do enough? or is it just one of those things? 

It's all very hard to make any sense of at the moment even though I've survived yet another episode. Oh and another two stents fitted! So again I'm taking it one day at a time and wondering if I'll ever build all of my stash!      

2 comments:

  1. I'm really sorry to hear your health problems and I hope that all these problems will be solved quickly. I am wholeheartedly with you my friend. You have done a great modeling bench with the products of HZ. I've recently buyed some paint racks solded by AK Interactice but made by HZ and there are very good and useful products.
    I hope you will be fine very soon and you can take the best of the live and of course make your nice models.
    With my best friendly thoughts.
    Alain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the second heart attack. Health is one of those things that you take for granted much of the time, that is until you do not have it.

    The work bench organizers look very useful. I have a roll top desk for my modeling work, but it could certainly be better organized... right now it is a strewed pile of bits and half completed kits.

    ReplyDelete