Friday 31 August 2012

Hobbyboss 1/35th Sd.Kfz 254 Tracked Scout Car

On to the next project and yes it's another Hobbyboss kit, this time something slightly more complex. The Sd.Kfz 254 is a vehicle I have always though extremely quirky so obviously it has to have a place on my bench! I believe that a resin kit was produced many years ago but at the time it was well out of my league due to the high cost involved.


The actual size of the model is tiny so it's right up my street!


Construction starts with the wheels which are simple to build up. Here I deviated from the instructions and glued the main hull components together as I wanted to ensure a proper fit. I had to add a small shim of plastic to the rear hull section as there was a slight gap. The hull parts have some very nice weld details too.






2 comments:

  1. Hey Pete,

    Cool little vehicule! You're right: a resin version from the Romanian brand "Modelism" also exists but as you said... it's very expensive, almost impossible to find (at least in Belgium) and it doesn't seem that well detailled. I'm gonna follow this build because I'm a fan of rare and weird AFV's!
    Have fun!

    Thierry
    http://sizemilitarymodels.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Thierry,
    Glad you like the build it certainly is a weird looking vehicle! Love your blog to some very interesting subjects.
    Pete

    ReplyDelete